Selectivity: purigen is the highest capacity organic filtration resin on the market. No other products can compare to its ability to clear haziness and polish water to unparalleled clarity. Unlike other products on the market which are simple ion-exchange resins, purigen is specifically designed to be an organic scavenging resin. When ion-exchange resins are filled to capacity by metals and other contaminants, purigen has barely begun to reach its potential. Purigen generally ignores simple elemental compounds, having an extreme affinity for nitrogenous organics. The primary source of nitrogenous compounds in an aquarium is waste. Fish, corals, even plants produce nitrogenous waste. Purigen removes that waste faster and more completely than anything else on the market. Capacity: purigen’s possesses enhanced capacity owing to its vast surface area. All other resins on the market are purely spherical extruded beads. These beads remain smooth even under a microscope. Purigen is both spherical and macro reticular. It has microscopic pores that increase its usable surface area to many times that of a purely spherical resin.
- This is a Vegetarian product.
- Purigen is a premium synthetic adsorbent that is unlike any other filtration product
- Purigen controls ammonia, nitrites and nitrates by removing nitrogenous organic waste that would otherwise release these harmful compounds
- Purigen’s impact on trace elements is minimal It significantly raises redox and it polishes water to unparalleled clarity
- Purigen is designed for both marine and freshwater use
- Once it is exhausted, it can be regenerated with a solution of bleach and water